Post Date: 11/14/2019
Company: South Dearborn Regional Sewer District
Position Title: 2nd Shift Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator
The Team Member assigned to this position is responsible for the daily operational duties associated with the continued operations of a 6 MGD biological wastewater treatment plant and de-watering facilities. Incumbents of this position will be scheduled to work a permanent second shift from 3:00 pm-11:00 pm Monday thru Friday, and perform routine to complex technical and administrative assignments including sample collection, operation of de-watering equipment, treatment plant checks and data collection, evaluating and troubleshooting issues related to treatment plant operations and equipment, and other duties assigned by the plant supervisor.
- Responsible for maintaining an open, collaborative, team-oriented work environment with Peers, Leaders, Management, and team members;
- Responsible for personal development with an emphasis on the development of character, personal development, ability to obtain results, interpersonal skills, and ability to lead change;
- Knowledge of the operation of an activated sludge treatment process, wastewater collection systems, cross-connection control, and pre-treatment programs;
- Take direction and work independently for activities related to the operation and maintenance of a municipal wastewater treatment facility, collection system, and sludge de-watering facility
- Executes corrective maintenance activities associated with the daily operations of the wastewater treatment plant, and sludge de-watering facility
- Executes operational and maintenance checks of the plant multiple times during a shift, and understands the principles associated with grit removal, primary and secondary clarification, activated sludge, anaerobic digesters, ultraviolet disinfection, and sludge de-watering to ensure the plant maintains with state and federal permit regulations
- Executes the sampling of plant influent, effluent, and process control sampling throughout the plant for lab processing and reporting to the state
- Executes the operation, maintenance, and cleaning of sludge de-watering equipment such as gravity belt thickeners, screw presses, and associated pumps, piping, and tankage
- Performs skilled maintenance and cleaning of various components of the treatment plant including clarifier weirs, U.V. channel, gravity belt, screw press, and other plant areas
- Performs daily visual and technical inspections of equipment and maintains service and preventative maintenance records;
- Ensures the procurement process is followed for the utilization of and adherence to all current applicable corporate policies and procedures. Ensures all items meet standards;
- Operates Sky Lift fork truck, tractors, and lawn mowing equipment
- General building maintenance activities
- Maintains neat, clean and professional personal hygiene;
- Ability to document all parts usage and request within the company procurement process. Perform vehicle audits of parts;
- Develops a working knowledge and understanding of safety practices for all materials used in wastewater system operations including the handling of liquid and gaseous chemicals;
- Respond quickly and accurately to service requests and ensures all service orders are returned in a timely manner;
- Ensures all documentation of paperwork, work orders, and time off requests are returned to appropriate Team Member;
- Communicates, both orally and written, with local officials, company leaders, company managers and team members, customers, and others;
- Performs daily activities in order to best meet service objectives, regulatory requirements and company goals;
- Responsible for executing service orders and projects on time and on budget;
- Attends safety meetings and communicates safety issues to mentor and/or office team;
- Develops and maintains an effective team relationship;
- Provide documentation of plant activities through the work order system;
- Ensure the proper maintenance of company-owned equipment;
- Properly operate, maintain and repair company-owned equipment and tools;
- Responsible for the preparation of complete and thorough documentation of activities through work orders. Includes documenting equipment, labor hours, parts and materials;
- Responsible for updates to the Electronic Asset Management program;
- Provide on-call duty as necessary;
- Participate in company meetings
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Ability to work as a value-added team member and to collaborate with other towards a common goal or vision;
- Ability to work independently and be productive and efficient with little to no oversight
- Knowledge of industry standards and best practices;
- Knowledge of biological wastewater treatment and wastewater collection operation and maintenance principals and best practices;
- Ability to use appropriate tools and diagnostic equipment to repair, install, replace, and test electrical circuits, equipment and appliances;
- Ability to diagnose and repair wastewater treatment, wastewater collection and customer-oriented issues;
- Ability to use hand and power tools applicable to trade;
- Ability to read commercial blueprints;
- Ability to read, understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures;
MINIMUM POSITION QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or GED;
- Indiana wastewater treatment certification preferred, or the ability to attain one within 1 year
- Knowledge and experience that is directly related to wastewater maintenance activities;
- Good communication skills required including demonstrated fluency with reading, writing and speaking the English language;
- Basic math skills;
- Ability to work in a computer centric environment;
- Knowledge of basic software systems such as Microsoft Excel and Word;
- Must possess and maintain a valid State Driver’s License;
- Lock out-Tag out Training and Certification Preferred;
- Confined Space Entry Training and Certification Preferred;
- US Citizen. E-verification required;
- No felonies or major misdemeanors;
- South Dearborn Regional Sewer District is a drug-free work environment. Initial pre–employment drug screen is required and random drug testing may be required.
- Successful candidate must submit to post offer, pre-employment physical examination/medical history check;
- Must pass a pre-employment criminal background check
Position may include, but not limited to standing, climbing, walking, lifting up to 50 lbs unassisted, bending, pulling and/or pushing, grasping, reaching, stooping and crouching, sitting, typing, walking, reading, writing, color determination, speaking and listening for extended periods of time. Plus, exposure to all weather conditions is required including, but not limited to rain, snow, wind, extreme heat and extreme cold conditions
NOTE: Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with special needs to perform the essential functions
Salary/Compensation: $23.29 / Hr or based on CBA with Indiana Wastewater License
Application Instructions: For a complete job description, requirements, and application please follow the link: http://envirolinkinc.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/SDRSD-2nd-Shift-Job-Posting.pdf or pick up an application at the plant site at: 370 W. Eads Parkway Lawrenceburg, Indiana 47025.
Posting Date: 10/27/2019
Position Title: Water Engineer
Please visit: https://usa.arcelormittal.com/people-and-careers/job-opportunities/search-positions for a full description of the position.
- Monitor Operations of all wastewater treatment facilities, including equipment status and performance, water chemistries, water treatment programs including vendor recommendations and activities.
- Understand the water system interactions with production facilities.
- Assist in troubleshooting and resolving water related concerns for production facilities as well as Utilities operations.
- Review data collected for water discharges reported on the NPDES discharge reports.
- Understand all aspects of the NPDES Discharge Permit.
- Coordinate all sampling and testing activities with Quality Department Water Lab.
- Act as Utilities Environmental Contact for all mediums. Communicate regularly with the Environmental Department.
- Utilities Environmental ISO 14001 Coordinator. Attend steering team meetings, manage the ISO 14001 program, and work with audits, documentation, and environmental CPARs.
- Be the Process Safety Management Coordinator for Chlorine. Provide technical support for chlorination systems operations and Emergency Response. Hold chlorine drills, and train personnel on chlorine safety.
- Work with FRP (Oil Spill Response) drills and documentation
- Work with any Utilities environmental incidents or spills
- Work with annual backflow device testing.
- Administrate Utilities East SPCC compliance including training and monthly SPCC tank inspections for Utilities IHE and IHW.
- Administrate RCRA compliance and training within Utilities (involves Hazardous and Universal Waste management)
- ◾Excellent troubleshooting skills and failure analysis
- ◾Knowledge of environmental regulations
- ◾Ability to read blueprints and schematics
- ◾Computer skills, including word processing and spreadsheet programs
- ◾Minimum five (5) years of experience in Environmental Management, which includes a minimum of two (2) years of responsible charge equivalent work experience which can be applied toward a State of Indiana Wastewater treatment license.
- ◾Ten (10) years of relevant work experience.
- ◾Bachelor’s degree in Environmental or Civil Engineering or Environmental Science
- ◾Hold Indiana Class D wastewater treatment license and act as Certified Operator for IHE
Application Instructions: Please visit: https://usa.arcelormittal.com/people-and-careers/job-opportunities/search-positions and apply online.