Posting Date: 08/20/2019
Company: Twin Lakes Regional Sewer District
Position Title: Operator
The Twin Lakes Regional Sewer District is accepting applications for the position of Operator/Maintenance person. This position is responsible for the operation and maintenance of the collection system and wastewater treatment facilities. This position is subject to overtime, project work, emergency call-out and call-back duties and procedures. The employee must exercise independent judgment and initiative in all phases of work. This position requires a valid Indiana Class I Municipal Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator Certification or the ability to obtain the same within two years. The candidate must also possess a valid Indiana Drivers License.
- Operates and maintains wastewater treatment facility and solids handling processes and equipment; including screening equipment, pumps, aeration blowers, clarifiers, chemical feed pumps, boilers/heat exchangers, digesters and dewatering equipment.
- Performs process control tests. Samples wastewater and sludge streams for laboratory analysis. Monitors, records and reports data collected. Logs daily activity and significant events in facility operations logs.
- Responds to incident calls on customer property with regard to grinder units and sewer appurtenances.
- Performs general mechanical maintenance and repair on WWTP equipment and machinery as well as collection system grinder units.
- Performs operational checks on equipment, routine and preventative maintenance duties.
- Troubleshoots equipment problems. Records and communicates significant equipment problems to assure corrective action.
- Performs most minor equipment repairs.
- Repairs District structures and equipment.
- Performs general grounds maintenance at lift stations, wastewater treatment facilities and main District office building. Also performs snow removal when necessary.
- Cooperates and coordinates daily with Supervisory, Laboratory and other District personnel.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Graduation from an accredited High School or equivalency.
- One-year experience in the operation and maintenance of an activated sludge wastewater treatment facility.
- Must have a valid Indiana Driver’s License.
- Must possess a Class I Wastewater Operator Certification valid in the State of Indiana; or be able to obtain the same in two-years.
- Possess knowledge of wastewater treatment technology, including equipment and processes; including facility operation and maintenance procedures.
- Ability to perform electrical troubleshooting. Knowledge of operation, maintenance and repair of pumps, motors and related equipment.
Applications are available on-line at www.twinlakesrsd.com or at the Twin Lakes Regional Sewer District headquarters; 921 W. Executive Court, Monticello, IN 47960. Applications will be accepted until September 20th 2019. Applications may be submitted in person or by mail at the Twin Lakes Regional Sewer District headquarters; 921 W. Executive Court, Monticello, IN 47960. Alternatively, applications may be forwarded via e-mail to email@example.com and addressed to the Operations Manager, Rodger Fain.
Posting Date: 08/26/2019
Company: Aqua America
Position Title: Environmental Compliance Manager
Are you looking for a fantastic career at Aqua? We have a great opportunity for an Environmental Compliance Manager. This role is under the direction of the President of Aqua Illinois will be responsible for assuring that Aqua Illinois & Indiana water and wastewater plants and systems are in compliance with environmental regulations and permits by managing and coordinating the completing and filing of environmental reports; tracking and documenting regulatory compliance with Illinois Environmental Protection Agency (IEPA), Indiana Department of Environmental Management (IDEM), U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), notices of violation (NOVs) and other administrative actions; preparing correspondence, consumer confidence reports (CCRs) and new applications for wastewater permits and permit renewals; and developing and maintaining working relationships with State regulators.
- Tracks compliance with the IEPA & EDEM; works with the Director of Operations (Dir Ops), Area Manager (AMs), and Responsible Operations Staff to track and document improvement projects to meet timelines for outstanding requirements in their areas; and, prepares reports to the states on compliance status.
- Assists the Engineering Manager (EM) to review and oversee all major engineering projects to assure environmental regulations are being met and provide technical expertise as needed.
- Tracks status of outstanding NOVs; works with AMs to track and document improvement projects necessary to comply with outstanding NOV critical timelines; keeps the President and key Aqua Staff apprised in advance of any deadlines that cannot be met; and prepares correspondence to IEPA/IDEM.
- Maintains a strong relationship with the Chief Environmental Officer and compliance team.
- Responsible for the tracking and preparation and submittal of wastewater permit renewals.
- Develop and/or maintain expertise in state and federal environmental rules and regulations and serve as a resource to AMs and other operations staff.
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships with IEPA regional and central office staff and Aqua Illinois & Indiana operations staff.
- Prepares new or amended Drinking Water Monitoring Plans; follows National or State proposed or promulgated drinking water regulations; anticipates and prepares plans to meet compliance with new drinking water regulations; participates in routine compliance inspections and follow up to ensure all issues are resolved including special inspections conducted; maintains open lines of communications and familiarity with expectations of IEPA & IDEM inspections.
- Visits Aqua Illinois & Indiana water and wastewater plants as necessary to identify potential compliance issues and maintain familiarity with operations.
- Works with Compliance staff to create and finalize public notices as needed.
- Responsible for drafting and submitting quarterly status reports to IEPA/IDEM as needed.
- Responsible for drafting, editing, and submitting responses to Notices of Violations issued by IEPA/IDEM.
- Regularly oversees and updates various Standard Operating Procedures.
- Responsible to visit each water and wastewater facility and treatment site annually to conduct an audit. A summary of the findings and recommendations will be provided to the facility manager, VP of Operations, Illinois President and the Indiana President.
- Required to attend all IEPA/IDEM inspections unless otherwise directed by the Illinois Vice President of Operations or the Indiana President. Compliance Manager shall provide assistance to local supervisors and area managers in responding to all IEPA/IDEM inquiries. Compliance Manager will ensure and track submittal of all reportable incidents to appropriate agency. Shall investigate violations, review regulator correspondence, and draft/review responses. Ensure timely response to regulators and system deficiencies.
- Outside of periodic inspections, position is required to meet with inspectors from each IEPA/IDEM region on an annual basis to establish relationships that benefit Aqua and the regulator. These meetings can be held in the region that the inspector serves or at another event, (i.e., annual conferences).
- Regularly attends INAWWA & ISAWWA conferences.
- Responsible to participate in Aqua community events that are requested by management. This may include open house events, public hearings, environmental workshops and committees.
- Participates in at least one scheduled meeting each year with Area Managers to review compliance and regulatory issues in the respective operational area. Compliance Manager will accompany state management team to meetings as necessary to answer questions or present on compliance topics.
- Expected to serve on inter-company committees related to compliance and water quality. Compliance Manager will take lead on state specific initiatives related to compliance or watershed protection. Periodic review of Maintenance Connection activity surrounding regulatory compliance. Work with local management to ensure all regulatory requirements are entered and adhered to in our internal tracking software (Maintenance Connection).
- Responsible for coordinating with manager in charge to make sure all the compliance forms and transfer of ownership is properly filed for all acquisitions. Ensure that local field supervisor enters compliance driven orders in Maintenance Connection. Manager will assure that Company has sufficient time to correct any compliance issues required of the acquisition. Request at least one year to correct all compliance issues.
- Performs other assignments as directed.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in engineering, public health or science field of study.
- Five (5) or more years of full time experience working in the water and/or wastewater industry required.
- Experience with IEPA/IDEM water or wastewater system inspections and/or actual experience working for IEPA/IDEM in public drinking water or wastewater utility regulation is also preferred.
- Must be familiar with water and wastewater environmental laws and regulations.
- Must demonstrate excellent verbal and written communications skills as evidenced by the ability to interact both face-to-face and via telephone with professional personnel.
- Ability to interpret and analyze regulatory rules and documents.
- Ability to promote, establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to work independently and exercise initiative in accomplishing tasks without direct supervision; and the ability to use personal computer software with word processing, spreadsheet and database applications.
- Must be computer literate and proficient with Microsoft Office applications, as well as other software applications used in the normal course of business;
- Available for company travel up to 50% of time.
- Possession of valid IL & IN Water and/or Wastewater operator licenses is highly desired.
- Must have a valid U.S. Drivers License.
Aqua America, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Equal employment opportunity is provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to the following legally protected characteristics: race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions, including medical conditions related to lactation), physical or mental disability, covered-veteran status, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state or federal law.
Internal Number: R558
Please apply ONLINE: https://aquaamerica.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Aqua_America_Careers/job/IL-Kankakee-Local-Office/Environmental-Compliance-II-Manager_R558
Posting Date: 08/20/2019
Company: Aqua America
Position Title: Wastewater Plant Supervisor – APPLY ONLINE
Position Description: Are you looking for a fantastic career at Aqua?
We have a great opportunity for a Wastewater Supervisor for our Willowbrook region. The Wastewater Supervisor will report directly to the Area Manager and is responsible for the efficient, compliant and economical operation of the wastewater treatment facilities. The ideal candidate is responsible for the administration, operating/capital budgets, and management of the operations teams in accordance with safety policies and regulations.
- Responsible for compliance with all federal, state and local regulations pertaining to the wastewater treatment plants.
- Schedules personnel and assigns tasks and duties.
- Establishes procedures for process control operations.
- Provides capital and operational budget planning and implementation for the wastewater facilities.
- Provides training and supervision to Wastewater Plant Department employees.
- Champions the quality process.
- Has primary responsibility for and submits all regulatory reports.
- Implements the Standard Operating Procedures for the facilities.
- Participates in and makes presentations during Departmental meetings.
- Attends laboratory, quality control and process related seminars and meetings.
- Investigates plant upsets and determines corrective action.
- Provides direct or indirect support to other departments including Customer Service, Wastewater Collection and administrative staff.
- Maintain asset management program.
- Follow and ensure staff are trained on Aqua safety policies and procedures.
- Model Aqua’s values of integrity, respect and excellence.
- Performs other assignments as required.
- Must have at least ten (10) years experience operating in a wastewater treatment facility or other applicable experience.
- Must have significant experience in a wastewater operations and laboratory procedures.
- Must have possession a Class 1 Wastewater Operator’s License from the State of Illinois.
- Must have knowledge of NPDES limits for wastewater quality and wastewater treatment facility regulations.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of laboratory regulations and quality control procedures.
- A college degree in an environmentally-related field is preferred.
- Must have a valid U.S. Drivers License.
Application Instructions: Apply Online HERE: https://aquaamerica.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Aqua_America_Careers/job/IL-Willowbrook/Wastewater-Plant-Supervisor_R556