Posting Date: 09/21/2017
Company: New Albany Wastewater Utility
Position Title: Collection System Operator
Under the general supervision of the Field Supervisor, this position will include all aspects of wastewater collection system operation. General duties include performing preventative and corrective maintenance on and in collection system components. Driving and operating the tools and equipment needed for system inspection, maintenance and minor repair of system components as well as maintaining same tools and equipment. Additionally, emergency collection system service “call-outs” during and after business hours and public/customer relations are required for this position.
- Perform preventative and corrective maintenance on and in collection system components.
- Drive and operate the tools and equipment needed for a system inspection.
- Provide maintenance and conduct minor repair of system components as well as maintain tools and equipment.
- Maintain the emergency collection system service for emergency calls during and after business hours and provide excellent service to public and customers.
- Performs tasks including Jet/Vac cleaning, relocating and set-up, equipment and tool maintenance, CCTV sewer lines, installing CIPP, reinstating taps, and manhole inspection.
- Follow OSHA Regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent certificate (GED) or demonstrate the ability to work at this level based on past experience.
- Willingness to take on additional tasks as assigned.
- Familiar with basic OSHA standards and safety practices.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) required.
Application Instructions: Send application requests to firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting Date: 09/18/17
Company: Town of Chesterton Wastewater Utility
Position Title: Collections System Operator
Seeking a self-motivated individual, with experience in sewer field operations, related equipment, and safety procedures.
- Responds on occasion after normal working hours for plant, equipment and lift station emergencies, sewer repair call outs or any other emergency that might fall under the jurisdiction of Utilities Department; must perform weekend on-call duties
- Observes variations in operating conditions and interprets meter readings, gauge readings, and test results to determine processing requirements
- Helps monitor the performance of all equipment, gauges, and charts in the wastewater treatment plant; operates valves and gates manually or by remote control; starts and stops pumps, engines, and generators to control and adjust flow and treatment processes
- Help troubleshoot facility problems and designs; assists in developing corrective measures or improvements
- Maintains daily logs; records meter and gauge readings
- Completes maintenance request forms and performs routine maintenance functions, as required
- Participates in maintaining safety equipment and assists in safety program
- Operates various pieces of construction-like equipment including vehicles weighing greater than or less 26,000pounds GVW, power tools, and hand tools
- Ability to diagnose/troubleshoot electrical & mechanical problems
- Possesses electrical wiring/mechanical experience or aptitude
- Drives to various remote sites for inspection and maintenance services
- Participates in laying pipe for collection system in new installation and repair situations
- Participates in inventorying tools and supplies
- Participates in maintaining all work area equipment in orderly and clean condition
- High School Diploma
- Current CDL, or attain one within six (6) months
Salary/Compensation: $15.62 per hour
Obtain application at www.chestertonin.org, or email email@example.com to request one.
Posting Date: 08/28/17
Company: Aqua Indiana, Inc.
Position Title: Facility Coordinator
Aqua America, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Equal employment opportunity is provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to the following legally protected characteristics: race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions, including medical conditions related to lactation), physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state or federal law.
Responsible for supervising the operation and maintenance of the wastewater treatment plant and collection system in compliance with all federal, state and local regulations.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Operate, maintain and repair equipment at the wastewater treatment plant.
- Take emergency calls 24 hours a day and manage emergency situations related to wastewater treatment and environmental regulated compliance.
- Use various equipment and hand tools as required to perform duties
- Complete and submit state and federal reports.
- Schedule personnel, equipment and maintenance programs.
- Establish short and long term goals and projects.
- Maintain inventory of chemicals, supplies, and materials.
- Train new and existing personnel.
- Inspect and clean all areas of the wastewater treatment plant including sludge tanks.
- Supervise the cleaning and repair of manholes and sewer mains.
- Operate programmable logic controllers at the wastewater treatment plant and field pump stations.
- Assist in the operation of a vacuum truck. Pull and feed high-pressure hose. Operate sewer main cleaning easement machine. Pull and feed high-pressure hose.
- Communicate with customers, vendors, and contractors and work with Aqua customer service representatives, when necessary.
SPECIAL EDUCATIONAL OR REGISTRATION QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent and 3 years of supervisory experience.
- Must have or obtain a Class III wastewater certification from the Indiana Department of Environmental Management within eighteen (18) months.
- Must have the technical, academic and physical ability to perform the duties of this classification.
- Must be able to send and receive instructions by phone, computer and in person. Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must have or obtain a Confined Space Training Certificate.
- Must demonstrate the ability to foster workplace cooperation and effective communication and assistance to other employees and the public.
$47,800 – $62,000
Interested applicants may contact Human Resources at 1.866.293.3395 or apply online @
http://aquaamericacareers.silkroad.com, referencing job posting #3012.