Posting Date: 02/07/2019
Company: Bureau of Water Quality/Muncie Sanitary District
Position Title: Surveillance I
The incumbent serves as Surveillance I for the Muncie Sanitary District’s Bureau of Water Quality and is responsible for collection of samples for the Pretreatment Program, FOG program, and River Surveillance Program. Samples are collected from local industries and surface waters with strict adherence to established sampling procedures. More information can be found visiting the BWQ website and selecting Job Postings.
Baccalaureate in biology, chemistry, natural resources, or environmental management/science (or a closely related field) and familiarity with principles of water quality are required.
Application Instructions: Review full Job Description at:
Posting Date: 02/07/19
Position Title: Office Manager | Human Resources
Field Inspector to perform residential and commercial pump installation inspections and equipment start-ups.
Required candidate attributes:
- Working knowledge of pumps, electrical controls, and electrical service equipment.
- Working knowledge of underground construction techniques.
- Background in construction project management.
- Ability to work with multiple trades on worksites.
- Ability to utilize Microsoft Office software.
- Candidate should possess own hand tools, be able to read and understand electrical schematics and troubleshoot simple control circuitry for basic control panels.
- Candidate should be able to work some evenings and weekends.
- MUST have a clean driving record. Drug and alcohol testing is mandatory.
Additional duties for the candidate:
- Perform delivery of equipment with truck/trailer.
- Schedule and perform homeowner meetings regarding sewer projects in their neighborhood.
- General facility and shop maintenance work.
- The company will supply vehicle or vehicle reimbursement and special tools required to perform job duties.
- Company-paid training and benefits.
- Competitive wage and compensation package.
- Part-time/intern opportunities/work for hire/college students welcomed.
Application Instructions: Please send a resume or job history to email@example.com to apply.
Posting Date: 02/07/19
Company: Aqua America
Position Title: Wastewater Plant Supervisor I
The Wastewater Treatment Plant Supervisor is responsible for the efficient, compliant and economical operation of the wastewater treatment facilities.
- Responsible for compliance with all federal, state and local regulations pertaining to the wastewater treatment plants.
- Schedules personnel and assigns tasks and duties
- Establishes procedures for process control operations
- Provides capital and operational budget planning and implementation for the wastewater facilities.
- Provides training and supervision to Wastewater Plant Department employee
- Champions the quality process
- Has primary responsibility for and submits all regulatory reports including: MOR’s, DMR’s, RDC’s, Turbidity reports and all other applicable reports.
- Implements the Standard Operating Procedures for the facilities
- Participates in and makes presentations during Departmental meetings.
- Insures compliance with the Chemical Hygiene Plan
- Attends laboratory, quality control and process related seminars and meetings.
- Investigates plant upsets and determines corrective action.
- Provides direct or indirect support to other departments including Customer Service, Wastewater Collection and administrative staff.
- Must have at least ten (10) years experience operating in a wastewater treatment facility or other applicable experience.
- Must have significant experience in a wastewater operations and laboratory procedures.
- Must have possession a Class 4 Wastewater Operator’s License from the State of Indiana.
- Must have knowledge of NPDES limits for wastewater quality and wastewater treatment facility regulations.
- Must have thorough knowledge of laboratory regulations and quality control procedures.
- A college degree in an environmentally related field is preferred.
- A valid Indiana driver’s license is a requirement.
Salary/Compensation : $65,000
Application Instructions: https://aquaamerica.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Aqua_America_Careers/job/IN-Valparaiso/Wastewater-Plant-Supervisor-I_R246
Posting Date: 02/07/19
Company: Smithfield Foods
Position Title: Wastewater Operator
This position is responsible for tending the pumps and other equipment used to decontaminate wastewater (sewage). The operator is responsible for collecting samples; reading charts and flow meters and gauges to determine equipment malfunctions and performing minor repairs on equipment.
- Tends pumps, conveyors, blowers, chlorinators, vacuum filters and other equipment used to decontaminate wastewater (sewage) by settling, aeration, and sludge digestion.
- Collects samples and makes process reports.
- Reads charts, flow meters and gauges to detect equipment malfunctions.
- In the absence of key personnel, the employee’s supervisor or qualified designee (one that has been trained in the key employee’s duties) is responsible to complete or delegate the completion of all required tasks and responsibilities.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and 2+ years relevant experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience, required.
- Class C Wastewater License (or able to acquire within 3 years of employment)
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, verbal or diagram form.
- Knowledge Microsoft Office, including Excel and Word.
- Must be able to travel occasionally with possible extended overnight stays.
- Must be available for night and weekend on-call status.
Salary/Compensation: Depends on licensing
Application Instructions: Apply at www.smithfieldfoods.com/careers
A direct link to the job posting is here.
Posting Date: 01/28/2019
Company: Town of Bargersville
Position Title: Water Distribution Crew Foreman
The foreman for the Water Distribution crew is responsible for the day-to-day field service duties of the department to ensure proper maintenance and operations of the Utilities water distribution system.
- Have knowledge about how to operate the machinery.
- Be knowledgeable about main and service installations
- Have knowledge about the general system.
- Possess leadership skills, decision making skills, as well as organizational skills
- Lead the crew on projects as designated and assure that activities are completed safely, accurately, and efficiently.
- Lead the crew in a safe manner while reflecting compliance to department policies and training each crew member as needed.
Supervisory Responsibilities as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must possess a Grade DSL Distribution license. Must possess and maintain a Class A CDL driver’s license.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High School diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter, resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org