The overall purpose of the IWEA Safety Committee is to help create a safer work environment for workers in the Water Environment field. We achieve this by providing Safety Education, Information, and increasing Safety Awareness.
- This will be accomplished this by the following:
- Monthly meetings on the third Friday of each month.
- Providing an Agenda for the IWEA Annual Conference.
- Host seminars that provide safety awareness in all job positions.
- Provide a hand-written test and design a hands-on event for the Wastewater Challenge.
- Perform Safety Audits to help plants improve safety as well as for the IWEA Safety Excellence Award. (include link for application/document attached)
- Committee members often volunteer to help smaller or struggling plants with safety issues.
Benefits of participating in the IWEA Safety Committee:
- Your input for seminars, wastewater challenge, and the IWEA annual conference.
- Committee involvement affords the opportunity to network with some of the most knowledgeable safety personnel in the State. Networking that helps answer your safety questions or ideas for safety issues you may have. Also, you get the latest news on safety changes.
- Perform safety audits at other facilities. Exposes you to how other plants accomplish safety programs.
Excellence in Safety Award
Safety Awards of Merit may be given to municipal facilities for Class I, II, III, IV, and industrial facilities. This program is designed to give recognition to all plants which grade high in merit points to such an extent that a plant may sustain a minimum of loss-time accidents and with a good point record could still be eligible for a safety award. Safety experience of each plant will be compiled by the committee and recommendations for awards shall be based on merit points and by accident experience of each plant recorded by the plant superintendent on the year-end safety report.
Apply for Excellence in Safety Award>>
Download Safety Audit Form>>
View the Safety Committee Schedule Below!