Posting Date: March 20, 209
Company: Town of Speedway
Position Title: 3rd Shift Wastewater Operator
The Town of Speedway is currently seeking applicants for a 3rd Shift Plant Operator at its Wastewater Treatment Plant.
The primary responsibility of this position is to monitor and operate the wastewater treatment plant during their shift.
Tuesday – Saturday, 12am to 8am
- Ability to tolerate unpleasant odors, wastewaters, and sludges.
- Check various operational parameters in the plant; report process and equipment status to supervisor; make adjustments as directed.
- Sampling at various plant locations which involves climbing up and down stairs.
- Reading and recording data.
- Pumping sludge.
- Cleaning and painting of tanks, buildings, pipes, etc.
- Monitor gauges and plant equipment.
- Monitor plant operations using a computer.
- Perform basic laboratory analysis.
- General housekeeping.
- Maintain operator logs and data sheets.
- Perform minor maintenance tasks.
- Ability to recognize abnormalities in plant operations and equipment and make appropriate adjustments as needed.
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Education/Experience/Skills Required
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Valid Indiana Driver’s License
- Indiana Wastewater Operator Certification preferred but not required. Preference is given to those candidates who are interested in working towards obtaining certification.
$18.00 to $24.00 per hour based on experience and qualifications.
Interested parties should submit their application online at https://www.speedwayin.gov/egov/apps/action/center.egov?view=form;page=1;id=97