Posting Date: 04/25/2020
Company: quasar energy group
Position Title: Biomass Area Business Manager – Fort Wayne, Indiana
quasar energy group is a Cleveland, Ohio based renewable energy company. We design, build, own, and operate anaerobic digestion facilities and alternative fueling stations. quasar’s systems improve the regional environment by diverting organic waste from landfills and incinerators and processing it naturally to produce clean, renewable energy used for electricity, compressed natural gas (CNG), pipeline quality gas, and nutrient-rich soil amendments.
The position is best suited for an energetic individual who enjoys the challenge of working for a start-up company in a new industry. quasar’s standards for performance are high – we are looking for a candidate that can proactively come into this role with the experience and skills required to successfully implement the requisite tasks.
The Biomass Area Business Manager is responsible for identifying and securing biomass for quasar’s anaerobic digesters. This includes managing deliveries from existing clients and sourcing new biomass supplies to maximize capacity. The Biomass Area Business Manager frequently makes decisions with the aim of protecting the financial resources and reputation of the company.
- Effectively manage Territory Managers development providing guidance to ensure sales effectiveness and technical expertise in procuring biomass streams for quasar facilities.
- Lead and manage the sales efforts for the assigned area while managing strategic customers, specifically in Fort Wayne, Indiana and Northwest Ohio.
- Work collectively and cooperatively with Senior Management, Operations, Development, Accounting, and Logistics to reach optimal plant operations through consulting with groups on biological issues, operational concerns, and sourcing of new biomass.
- Identify market trends, track metrics and use sales strategies and business plans to increase market penetration in assigned area.
- Utilize market data, consumer insights and competitive intelligence to identify high growth opportunities.
- Help source new feedstock customers for planned or operational facilities.
- Work with customers and laboratory to maintain optimal digester health through analysis of biomass streams.
- Use existing tools to determine pricing structure and strategy for all biomass services offered.
- Negotiation, development, and execution of contract documentation; working directly with legal department.
- Collaborate with Project Development department regarding new planned projects and potential biomass sourcing needs.
- Consult with Marketing department regarding the development and implementation of new marketing initiatives.
- Distribute daily and weekly biomass schedules to all required parties, specifically the Logistics department.
- Review feedstock reports to analyze trends historically and make suggestions for process changes.
- Physical ability to participate in training sessions, presentations, and meetings is required.
- Must be able to perform required lifting, standing, sitting, walking, bending, reaching, climbing, pushing/pulling, repetitive use of hands, grasping use of hands, visual activity, hearing activity, etc.
- Visual acuity, good hearing activity, and ability to communicate clearly and quickly in person and via telephone.
- Required to work with a computer; must have vision to read printed materials and a VDT screen.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers is needed to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and other devices.
- Sitting for extended periods of time is common.
- Will be exposed to noise, odor, and biohazards at anaerobic digesters and feedstock generation sites.
- Exposure to limited hazardous chemicals.
- Must wear personal protective and safety gear when visiting customers or at plants.
- Travel will be required several days per week for the purpose of meeting with clients, stakeholders, and/or off-site personnel/management.
Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, Business Administration, or related field is preferred.
- Must have at least 5 years of experience in a sales position.
- Experience with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) is required.
- Must have experience with purchase orders and quotes.
- Must be self-motivated, dependable, honest, and ethical.
- Must have attention to detail.
- Must be able to multi-task.
- Must be able to adapt to changing situations and priorities.
- Must be able to consider implications while making on-the-spot decisions.
- Must be able to handle stressful situations while remaining calm and thinking clearly.
- Must be able to work well with both internal and external customers over the phone, via email, in person, and in front of groups.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume or apply on indeed at: https://www.indeed.com/job/biomass-area-business-manager-ae2b0380a043b67c