Posting Date: 02/06/2020
Company: City of Bloomington Utilities
Position Title: Plant Maintenance Mechanic
This job description is illustrative only and is not a comprehensive listing of all job functions performed. The following are essential duties for this position, performed with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Performs all major and minor overhaul and repair of plant equipment and machinery, including performing necessary diagnostic tests, as needed.
- Performs preventative maintenance and repair of plant equipment and machinery, including changing oil, greasing, checking bolts, screws, valves, and cleaning as necessary.
- Mows grass and weeds, removes trees and brush, and performs other related grounds keeping duties of a seasonal nature, including snow and ice removal.
- Evaluates plant equipment for electrical problems and performs light wiring repairs or replacements, as required.
- Maintains records of all equipment and machinery repairs and/or noted problems.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school education or any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Minimum experience equal to one year in an industrial or water/waste water treatment related occupation. Experience with 480 volt electric service and control panels is preferred. Experience with maintaining pumps, preferred.
- Experience diagnosing electrical and mechanical failures. Experience with performing light wiring repairs or replacements as required. Experience in changing oil, greasing equipment, checking bolts, screws, valves, and cleaning equipment.
- Knowledge of applicable safety precautions and procedures, including lock-out tag out and confined space entry procedures. Must wear all types of personal protective equipment.
- Ability to legally drive and operate a variety of vehicles and equipment (Ability to obtain a Class B CDL within one year of hire).
- Ability to obtain working knowledge of wastewater treatment plant operations and equipment maintenance needed, both routine and emergency.
- Ability to work independently or in a group.
- Physical ability to work in varying environments, indoors and out, and sometimes work in cramped and/or awkward positions.
LEVEL OF SUPERVISION AND RESPONSIBILITY
- Incumbent is responsible for the diagnosis and repair of a wide variety of equipment and machinery, and works independently making decisions and taking necessary action to effect equipment maintenance and repairs. Care and skill is required to protect equipment, vehicles, and related tools. Generally work is performed according to general instructions, requiring frequent deviation from standard practices and to effectively innovate to achieve desired results.
- Reports directly to Maintenance Coordinator.
DIFFICULTY OF WORK
- Incumbent frequently lifts vehicle components and equipment of moderate to heavy weight, and often works in awkward and/or cramped conditions performing many functions in a prone, stooping, or crouched position. Prolonged, intense physical strain is not associated with normal operations.
- Incumbent performs some duties out of doors in varying weather conditions, but the majority of duties are performed inside the plant. Incumbent is frequently exposed to excessive noise, grease, dirt, vehicle fumes, and disease associated with handling of wastewater. Safety precautions must be observed at all times to ensure personal safety and the safety of others.
Apply online using the City of Bloomington jobs web site or indeed which will take you to the city web site.
Posting Date: 02/06/2020
Company: South Dearborn Regional Sewer District
Position Title: Plant Manager
Applicants should have knowledge of pretreatment regulations, wastewater treatment plant operations, sludge dewatering, and mechanical repair and troubleshooting. The team member assigned to this position will perform routine to complex technical and administrative assignments including the scheduling and collecting of samples from offsite customers, review sample results and data for compliance with pretreatment program requirements, prepare and distribute informational letters to industrial customers, perform Annual Inspections of each industry included in the Pretreatment Program, assist industries with the completion of Annual Industrial User Survey for each industry included in the Pretreatment Program, maintain pretreatment files and paperwork, and maintain all automated samplers. The pretreatment operator will also provide coverage of the First Shift Operator at the SDRSD wastewater plant and aid other departments as directed by management. Additionally, the pretreatment operator will assist the lab technician or serve as lab technician in their absence as directed by management.
- Indiana Wastewater License preferred or the ability to attain one within 1 year. High school diploma or GED and valid driver’s license required, ability to pass pre-employment and random drug testing, and pre-employment physical
- Wages starting at $23.29 or based on CBA with Indiana Wastewater License
- For a complete job description, requirements, and application please follow the link:
- http://envirolinkinc.com/careers/ or pick up an application at the plant site at: 370 W. Eads Parkway Lawrenceburg, Indiana 47025.
- Accepting Applications thru 2-21-2020
Posting Date: 02/06/2020
Company: Wessler Engineering
Position Title: Engineering Project Manager
Wessler is currently looking to fill Project Manager positions in our Drinking Water, Stormwater and Wastewater Groups. These positions entail the study, design and construction administration of water, wastewater and stormwater projects.
These positions can be based out of any of our offices. We have locations in Carmel, Evansville, Fort Wayne, Indianapolis and Bluffton, OH.
Wessler offers a flexible schedule and summer hours May through September where the office closes at noon on Fridays.
We offer a competitive wage, paid holidays, paid employee health & disability insurance and 401(k) profit-sharing.
- Project management, including management and technical mentoring of staff.
- Client management
- New business development
- Education/Experience/Skills Required
- 5-8 year’s experience with the study, design and construction administration of water, wastewater and stormwater engineering projects.
- Bachelor’s of Science Degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering from an accredited institution.
- Indiana P.E. license (or ability to obtain through reciprocity).
- Familiarity with municipal funding agencies (SRF, OCRA, RD and related).
- Experience with sales and client relations management software essential.
- Must be team oriented with good communication, planning and organizational skills.
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Wessler does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status for this employment position.
Please submit your resume to our recruiter email@example.com